Canal 12 (XHAW)
The channel transmits programmes for entertainment and three daily newscasts under the brand “TeleDiario” transmitted simultaneously through radio too. In 1999, two years after the death of his father Jesús Dionisio González González, Francisco Antonio González Sánchez inherits the concession rights for Canal 12 XHAW-TV – local channel transmitted in the city of Monterrey. In 2003, the businessman transfers the concession to the company Radio Informativa S.A. de C.V. In 2017, this company through the channel “Canal Regional Virtual 12” transmits its content for free in at least 20 cities, municipalities and localities in three states of the country: Nuevo León, Coahuila and Tamaulipas.
Media Companies / Groups
Televisión Digital S.A. de C.V. is the concessionary company for operating the channel. At the same time it is property of Multimedios Televisión S.A de C.V. with 99.96% of the shares and of Francisco Antonio González Sánchez with 0.04% of the shares. Multimedios Televisión S.A. de C.V. is on the other hand property of Multimedios Radio (99.95%), Francisco Antonio González Sánchez (0.030%) and his children Francisco Darío, Jesús Dionisio, Patricia and Valeria González Albuerne (0.005% each).
Affiliated Interests Founder
Jesús Dionisio González González - Recognized as the founder of Grupo Multimedios. Father of Francisco Antonio and grandfather of Francisco Darío González, which are President of the Managing Board and Executive President of Grupo Milenio respectively. In the 1940s Jesús Dionisio acquires the Monterrey broadcasting station XEX (which later converts in XHAW). At the end of the 1960s he founds the channel canal 12 XHAW-TV in the city of Monterrey, as part of the then called Grupo Estrellas de Oro.
Affiliated Interests Ceo
Affiliated Interests Editor-In-Chief
Affiliated Interests other important people
Francisco Antonio González Sánchez - President of Grupo Multimedios. Together with his father, Jesús Dionisio González González, he co-founded Comercializadora Jubileo S.A. de C.V. in the 1970s. Four decades later, at the end of 2014, this company which is importing subsidiary of Grupo Multimedios and mainly engaged in production and sale of amusement park mechanical games - won a public tender in amount of around 539 millions of Mexican pesos for a project for waste water treatement in the State of Nuevo León. In 2017, there was a legal proceeding against Emilio Rangel - the public official who awarded the public tender and former Director of Water and Sewage of the city of Monterey. Rangel belonged to the adiministration of the former Governor of the State of Nuevo León, the PRI member - Rodrigo Medina de la Cruz.
Francisco Antonio - is the major shareholder and/or the only -among the natural persons- of the three concessionary companies of radio and TV stations of Multimedios in the country. Companies which on the other hand are 99% ownership of Multimedios Radio S.A. de C.V. The other natural persons shareholders in these companies are Nora Patricia Albuerne Wendorf and her fur children with this businessman.
Address: Eugenio Garza Sada No. 2145 Sur Col. Roma Monterrey, Nuevo Leon México, C.P. 64700.
Telephone: +52(81)8880 4400
Revenue (in Mill. $)
Operating Profit (in Mill. $)
Advertising (in % of total funding)